We didn't go to Metro on Eric's birthday. It was actually a couple days before his birthday. This picture was just to show you I wasn't kidding about the Tabasco problem my husband has...poor little meatball sandwich didn't know what hit it. I still haven't found a therapist specializing in this. Maybe I will find a Tabasco recovery therapist when I find one to help me with my dexterity issues.
Well, my faithful Tabasco-loving husband worked on his birthday. Bless his heart. When he came home I had decorated a little and made a cake (my first, thankyouverymuch).
These pans were the highlight of making the cake. They were Eric's mom's. Can you see the little tabs at the bottom? Those little hunnies swing around and loosen the cake from the bottom of the pan. Sah-weet. Of course, my super-graceful self still somehow disassembled these two perfect rounds prior to and during the frosting stages. Practice, practice, practice.
Speaking of frosting, Eric likes really rich frosting. And, no. I don't mean buttercream frosting and heaven help you if it has "whipped" or "light and fluffy" in the title. So I found a recipe for Grocery Store Frosting.
Yes. It had two pounds of powdered sugar. Yes, it is meant for just one cake. Yes, I am sure my blood sugar was 12,000 mg/dL after I licked the beaters.
I always get the beaters when Eric isn't around. I know he would share, but I like the look on his face when I give them to him. Totally worth giving up my beater.
OK, it's not the prettiest cake, but I made it. And it tasted awesome.
Here it is lit up.
Awwww. Happy Birthday Honey. :)
I'm not done. We also went out to dinner at Todd's. Definitely one of our favorites, and definitely a treat because it's a little expensive-ish.
It's one of those places that changes the menu every day.
My halibut. Served with teriyaki over coconut rice and baby bok choy.
Eric's short rib (one of their signatures). Served with jalapeno mashed potatoes and a gravy that makes you want to lick the plate.
Great dinner and of course we had cake for dessert.
OK. I'm done now. :)
Happy Birthday to Eric, I'll bet his blood glucose is still high! I did notice your Ginormous High doggie bowl in the dining room too!
ReplyDelete