Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Scanning Pictures

My darling cousin (and new mommy!) Rebecca happened to mention in a comment about when I last had lighter colored hair - I was much younger. And we had an adorable Airedale terrier, Roscoe. Good memory Rebecca! :) We also had a snooty black Persian cat. She had six toes on each of her front feet. We named her Tippy Toes. Tippy for short.

This got me looking through old photos. I have a big stash of them. I have had this for awhile, maybe a couple of years, with the intent of converting them into digital. After multiple attempts, it has never happened. (I just recently converted all my music, moving on to the movies soon.)

I have tried putting them in the document scanner - no go for the smaller pictures.

I have tried scanning one photo at a time on the glass. I don't have the patience for this. I don't know who would - there are way too many photos.

I have tried scanning multiple photos at once on the glass, but my computer didn't always save them as individual files so I have to rescan them anyways.

I have tried taking pictures of the pictures with my iPhone. This is especially easy with iPhoto and iCloud as far as getting them onto the computer, but again, too many pictures and most of them are curled on the edges.

What I figured I needed was some sort of color scanner with a feeder built for pictures. And I really don't want another piece of large equipment on my desk or to spend a fortune. So, I started searching cnet.com for photo scanners. And I found this for $78 (including S&H).

#yay

And I will also get future use out of this when tax season rolls around and I scan in all of our receipts!

I will update after I have used it!

No comments:

Post a Comment